To comply with this target, the Foundation can work alone, or through collaboration with public or private entities and persons, on the following functions and activities:
- Carry out actions to promote of studies to develop and implant techniques to improve the agro-food production, storage and distribution systems, both regarding security and productivity and nutritional value.
- Encourage economic studies about all the productive aspects, in order to contribute ideas for new mechanisms that can facilitate the availability of full alimentation for everyone.
- Develop prospective functions (future scenarios and the cost of famine).
- Act as an observatory or centre for information for the media, parliaments, municipal councils, etc.
- Carry out actions to promote the development of distribution systems both for ingredients, prepared products and restoration systems that make the food products arrive faster, more securely and economically. – 2/4 –
- Develop programmes and campaigns to generate consumer confidence in the world of food production and distribution, based on current scientific knowledge and promoting behavioural ethics for all the sectors involved.
- The establishment and management of quality brands that favour the security of agro-food products, and guarantee quality, both technical and sensorial and generate consumer confidence.
- Organise and develop training programmes at all levels, into aspects of production, distribution, management and commercialisation that favour obtaining and increasing the quantity and number of agro-food products and competitiveness of the companies involved.
- Organise and develop programmes for education, communication and information for the consumer, about foods and their properties, nutrition, dietetics, labelling and any other aspect that is considered of interest.
- Convoke and award grants for studies and research into agronomics, fish farming, food science and technology, human nutrition and consumer behaviour. Receive and award help for activities related to its targets.
- Compile and encourage studies into food culture in all its aspects: History, anthropology, gastronomy, etc. and its role in human behaviour.
- Establish relations with all the public or private institutions that work in any aspect of the agro-food world, to enable common actions to be carried out that reinforce the defined aims.
- La promotion and organization of congresses, exhibitions, fairs or any other event related to the Foundation’s aims.
- The edition, translation and publication, by any means, of works and studies related to the agro-food field; providing services and emitting reports and opinions.
All these activities are carried out in compliance with the valid legislation and scientific knowledge. The activities are carried out at a Spanish and international level, bearing in mind the universal ethics of the food rights of man hombre and the globalisation of trade.
To carry out the Foundation’s activities, the statutes envisage the existence of an Executive Committee, Councils and Commissions. The co-ordination of these organs is done through the presidency of the Foundation, the two vice-presidencies, the secretary and the executive management.
The Executive Committee is nominated by the board and its responsibility is centred on guiding and applying the decisions taken by the Board, prepare and control the budgets and send the suggestions or opinions of the Councils and Commissions to the board for their final approval.
The Councils are organs with their own internal rules and functional autonomy within the Foundation. This has three councils: Council of Universities, Council of Companies and the Council of Institutions.
Each Council is completely open and is made up of those members (within the identity of the Council) who wish to participate in the Foundation Triptolemos project. The election of the members depends directly on the executive Committee that must decide each proposal to join.
The function of the Councils is to invigorate Foundation’s actions in the corresponding area. Their Internal Rules indicate various points for this, among which we can cite: